High-converting landing pages are difficult to create. You have to keep layout, programming, and marketing in mind. To up your conversion rates, you need to have a good grasp on the product or service you’re selling, and you need to know how to make it attractive to buyers. The language and layout that works will vary widely depending on your business.
With that said, these five landing page elements should be the conversion focus of any business:
1. Strong Headlines
Your headline is the first impression that a potential customer gets. It entices them to learn more about your business. With this in mind, you should make sure your headline manages the following:
- It catches the reader’s attention.
- It explains the purposes of your product or service.
- It’s short, sweet, and to-the-point. A headline should never exceed twenty words, and most successful ones don’t exceed ten.
2. Persuading Subheadlines
Your headline is the part that grab’s the reader’s attention and makes them click on the page. Your sub headline is the part that makes your potential customer want to continue reading. Subheadlines work with headlines to amplify the power of your landing page.
These are the most important aspects of a subheadline:
- It’s found directly beneath the main headline.
- It makes a persuasive statement or offers a reason to continue reading.
- It contains more detail than the main headline, with the goal to be keeping readers on the page.
3. Relevant Visuals
The human brain can process visuals sixty thousand times faster than text. This makes visual components one of the most essential components of your landing page. Effective visuals can convey a concept and sell your product without any text at all.
Before people even read your headline and subheadline, your visuals will affect them. This means that visuals should be factored into your design process from the beginning. Consider these important criteria:
- Visuals should be large.
- They should also be relevant to your business. When the product you’re selling is a physical object, it must be photographed for the landing page.
- For people selling services, the landing page’s image should catch reader attention and explain the relevance of the service.
- Visuals should be high-quality photographs or diagrams.
4. Clear Explanations
After you’ve caught your reader’s attention, explained your business, and convinced them to keep reading, you need to give them more detailed informative content. You can create high-converting WordPress landing pages to achieve this goal. WordPress landing pages are ideal because of their functionality and easily-navigated layouts.
5. Calls to Action
You’ve persuaded your customer to read about your product and understand its importance. The last thing you need to do is close the sale. Encourage your potential consumer to invest in your product or service. If necessary, end with contact details so the customer can reach your company.
Though it’s difficult to create a high-converting landing page, you shouldn’t let the task overwhelm you. Break the content down into simple step-by-step elements that, together, form a cohesive whole. From your headline to your call to action, your landing page approach should build trust in your customer base and sell your product.