- The Right Way to Plan Your Search: 5 Goal Setting Principles for Job Seekers
- Understanding Augmented Reality and Its Working
- What are the Laws on Privacy and Security with Mobile Tracking?
- Tips on How to Make Your YouTube Video Go Viral
- Visual portrait of The Evolution of Mobile Phones [Infographic]
You’ve got a great idea, and it’s now time to show it to the world. Small businesses depend on social media and the Internet to market themselves. Here’s how to stand out from the crowd:
- Social Media – having a social media presence is crucial. People trust the word of other people the most, whether that’s on social media or in person. Showcasing your products and services is the best way to advertise your business. The best part? Most social media websites are free although you can occasionally pay to be ranked higher up. Make sure to give incentive to your customers to support you on social media as well. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are the essentials, although Snapchat, Vine and Pinterest are also some of the top sites visited by people. In many of these platforms, customers can tag your business if it’s helped them or made them happy. This is free marketing, and the best type of marketing.
- A website – it’s kind of hard to take a business seriously if they don’t have a website. It doesn’t have to be a fancy website, there are plenty of templates out there that will have a basic website up and running for you in less than an hour. You don’t even have to know HTML or any sort of code to build a website. Just choose your theme and colors and fill in the copy, and there you have it.
- SEO – SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is when a search engine tries to find the most relevant content for users. Amidst the teeth whitening in San Francisco ads and weight loss ads, your customers need to be able to find your product, and why it’s relevant to them. Having the resources above will help with your SEO strategy, but a majority of it also comes up in optimization of the site. Having links that are relevant link to your site and also having your own links aptly named will increase your SEO strategy’s effectiveness. Hiring an expert is often also a good way to go.
Small businesses are how our economy will grow and thrive, as they create and inspire innovation. Make sure your small business succeeds by following these tips!